Variable outgoings in commercial real estate can be a source of much debate. And confusion! As always in commercial property management, it all depends on what you negotiate up front prior to the lease commencing. Clarity is always key to a successful landlord-tenant relationship so we’ve put this article together to help you understand exactly.
We often get asked the question, what do commercial property management fees actually pay for? Well, it’s a good question, one that every prospective landlord should ask themselves, particularly prior to investing or if they are leaving money on the table. The role of a commercial property manager is to provide peace of mind and.
Investing in commercial property is an attractive proposition. Retail shops, factory warehouses and industrial premises generally offer higher rental returns than the domestic market, and crucially, less tenant turnover. The ability to enjoy asset appreciation and earn a passive income with very few headaches looks like a good idea on paper, yet many investors fail.
If you’re an experienced landlord, you’ll know that outsourcing your commercial property management is a critical step to maximising ROI, freeing up time and headspace and providing the lifestyle you want to live. Free up your time and create a passive income stream by getting a manager to take care of it – it’s a.
The world of commercial property management…from tenant complaints to air con repairs and complex leasing arrangements, who would have thought it could be so much fun? Or time consuming. Yes, really time consuming…and with constant updates to tenant legislation, increasingly complex. If you are not managing your property efficiently and effectively, it can become very.
One goal as a landlord is to watch your rental income grow year after year, with very little effort required on your part. But maintaining a passive income isn’t just a matter of selecting a tenant who can pay the rent each month. There’s a bit more to it than that. If you’re an experienced.
As a business owner with a bricks-and-mortar premises, you know that your commercial lease is a legally-binding contract. But what happens if you need to get out of a lease early? Whether you’re expanding and need a larger commercial property, down-sizing, selling your business or moving on to new endeavours, the early termination of a.
Research shows that upwards of 80% of companies fail in their first year of business. So how do you increase your chances of joining the 20% that see steady and sustainable growth well beyond their first business birthday? It’s not luck. Nor is it working long, hard hours or having access to an investor with.
Whether you are starting out and requiring your own space or your business has outgrown its current arrangement, one of your big considerations will be whether to buy or lease a commercial property. Often this decision is more complex than buying a house. First, you’ll need to decide if you need an office or a.
A move into the world of industrial real estate can be considered a little daunting for the uninitiated. Most people are unfamiliar with the conditions and terms of buying and leasing industrial buildings versus a residential property. There are a number of factors to consider like GST implications, and who accounts for outgoings from the.
There comes a time in every growing business’s life where a major decision must be made about the future: to relocate your business, or face the renovation costs and inconvenience to update current premises? Whether it’s an influx of additional employees, or the need for a new set-up, often an office relocation is the superior.
Negotiating a commercial lease agreement for your business can be challenging if you’ve never done it before. But with a sound strategy, some expert advice from your commercial property experts, and some negotiating power, you’ll be well placed to find a new home for your company. Not to mention securing a commercial lease agreement that.
Renting out commercial premises can be a minefield for the landlords. We know that no one likes paperwork, but getting your commercial lease right from the outset can help you in the long run. Ready to put your commercial property for lease in the hands of a new tenant? Follow these 4 vital rules for.
There comes a point in a growing business’s life where working remotely is no longer an option. And this is a good thing. As your business begins to expand, so too will your profits and responsibilities. But when do you know if you’re ready to find a serviced office or co-working space for your team?.
You’re a business startup, and you’re just about ready to launch. Or maybe your lease is up at your current business space. Whichever your situation, there’s just one problem: you need to find a commercial space to lease that matches your business requirements. It needs to be efficient, cost-effective and completely compatible with all of your.
Like the residential property market, commercial property is also booming in Australia, riding on the back of enthusiastic international and domestic investors. Within this competitive environment you might think rents are on the rise. Think again, though, as it’s not always the case! Many Investors have one primary property goal – to make a profit..
Not finding a professional, qualified and experienced commercial property manager, can prevent even the most promising commercial property investments from becoming truly successful. Let’s look at the benefits that a good commercial property manager can bring to your property investment strategy and the key questions you need to ask in order to choose the best.
Investing in commercial real estate is a complex exercise, even for the most property savvy among us. It’s something that draws upon three core resources: time, energy and finances. When all three resources are topped up, you’ll be able to leverage and maximise all three for optimum results. But getting from Point A (that’s setting.
You own the perfect commercial property to lease and you’re eager to start signing on tenants. Premium location? Check. Inspections completed? Check. Leasing strategy…what’s that? Neglecting to ensure you have a commercial property leasing strategy in place is a potentially costly mistake that landlords often make. We explain below what a commercial property leasing strategy.
So you’ve decided to invest in commercial properties…perhaps a shopping centre, a factory or warehouse. Some investors will tackle commercial property investment themselves, but without professional help, many will also fail. Lack of experience and expertise can make the world of commercial property management simply overwhelming. Not only can property management be very time consuming; leases and.