Investing in commercial property is an attractive proposition. Retail shops, factory warehouses and industrial premises generally offer higher rental returns than the domestic market, and crucially, less tenant turnover. The ability to enjoy asset appreciation and earn a passive income with very few headaches looks like a good idea on paper, yet many investors fail to capitalise on their investment because they simply don’t have the time, experience or energy to manage their commercial property correctly.
We’ve written previously about the importance of hiring an experienced commercial property manager to maximise returns through rental increases and ensure your legal obligations as a landlord in Victoria are being met. We’ve also talked about the considerable cost and time savings – you want to get on with enjoying life and finding the next investment instead of getting bogged down with managing tenant issues.
This time we thought we’d show you how the team at HKC can optimise returns on your commercial property investment. Here’s how we can help:
- We minimise vacancies: to be forewarned is to be forearmed. Our high touch policy ensures we understand the current tenant’s intentions well in advance. We ensure shorter vacancy periods for your commercial property by introducing new tenants via leasing agents before your current tenant vacates and aim always to provide a seamless transition from one leasing period to the next. Leveraging our growing network of clients with an immediate need to find a premises is key our success.
- We choose the right tenants: this is the golden rule of commercial property leasing. We never compromise on the quality of your tenants. At HKC, we have had over a decade of experience managing commercial property and we know exactly how to evaluate tenants; their applications, financial position, rental history and references. You can read more here about why choosing the right tenant is key to commercial property investing.
- We never miss a rental review: surprising though it may seem, many landlords miss out on securing higher rent from their tenants even when an annual rental increase is a condition of the lease. On numerous occasions where previous property managers have missed annual rental increases, we have recovered this missed rent. Our regular internal audits ensure that all rent reviews have been actioned. Unlike some other commercial property management companies, we don’t solely rely on property management software.
- We maintain your property: landlords want to know that their property manager is on the case. As the primary liaison between the landlord and tenant, we don’t just collect rent, we quickly respond to tenant issues from maintenance to repairs. Happy tenants stay longer, it’s that simple.
- We take care of the paperwork: few landlords realise how much administration goes into managing a property. From marketing and audits to legal compliance and lodgment of bonds and bank guarantees, commercial property management requires a significant amount of education and time. Mistakes can be extremely costly and it pays dividends to have a strong team of capable, qualified professionals in place. At HKC, we have a powerful network of high quality contractors and associates in place to ensure your property is managed efficiently cost-effectively.
The best way to start optimising returns on your investment is to give HKC Property Consultants a call right now. We take care of every aspect of your commercial property management and you have the peace of mind in knowing that a director of HKC is managing your property. You’re in safe hands.